As of September 30, 2019
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on which parts of the Hatchways Platform you use, we may collect different kinds of Personal Information from or about you. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, Personal Information can include your:
- Account and profile information: Personal Information you provide when you register for an account and complete a profile on the HATCHWAYS Platform. This information may include your contact information, date of birth, and gender. It also may include information about your activity on the HATCHWAYS Platform, such as statistics about your yoga workouts.
- Device information: Information from or about the computers, phones, smart watches, or other devices where you install, access, or push information to the HATCHWAYS Platform. Some of this information may be considered Personal Information, such as your IP address, device identification number, and your device location (including specific geographic locations, such as through Bluetooth, WiFi signals or GPS).
We also may collect information that does not identify you, such as information about how many users navigate to our page, what types of browsers our users have, and where they click. We typically collect this information in the aggregate through the use of Data Collection Technology (defined below). If any of this information becomes identifiable, we will treat such information as Personal Information.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
- Operating and delivering the HATCHWAYS Platform: We use your Personal Information to deliver the HATCHWAYS Platform. We also use your Personal Information to analyze, develop and improve our offerings and services. We also use your Personal Information to process payments, provide support, conduct research and test features in development, which help us evaluate and improve HATCHWAYS Platform.
- Communicating with you: We use your information to send you marketing communications, surveys and important administrative announcements about the HATCHWAYS Platform. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Marketing and promoting the HATCHWAYS Platform: We use the information we collect to market and promote our service, activities on the HATCHWAYS Platform, and other commercial products and services that may be relevant to you. We may also show you advertisements on and off the HATCHWAYS Platform and measure the effectiveness and reach of such advertisements.
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION SHARED?
Your Personal Information may be shared, at your direction or your consent, or in the following ways:
- With our vendors: We work with vendors that help us provide you the HATCHWAYS Platform and related services. Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share Personal Information with our vendors for purposes such as processing payments, website hosting, professional services, human resources management, customer service, e-mail delivery and auditing. When we share Personal Information with vendors, we require those vendors to process your Personal Information only on our behalf and for the same purposes for which the Personal Information was collected.
- With third party partners: We work with third party partners that provide advertising, measurement and analytics services. We want our advertising to be relevant and interesting, so we may share information (including Personal Information) with these third party partners to help us tailor these advertisements to your interests. We do not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party non-affiliated partners for their own marketing purposes.
- As part of a corporate transaction: Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share, transfer or delete your Personal Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by Hatchways LLC or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part). If required by applicable law, any such sharing of Information will be reported to regulators in accordance with the applicable law.
We may also aggregate the information you and other users make available in connection with the HATCHWAYS Platform and post it publicly or share it with third parties. To do this, we remove your Personal Information and combine it with information from other users of the HATCHWAYS Platform.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY.
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers on computers, phones and other devices and they may contain information such as user settings, browsing history and other Internet activities. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the HATCHWAYS Platform, the types of cookies we use generally fall into the below categories:
- Session Cookies are used to operate the HATCHWAYS Platform. Some cookies are essential for the operation of the HATCHWAYS Platform. If a user chooses to disable cookies, certain content and features may not be available.
- Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. These cookies also help us evaluate our marketing program performance and analytics. For more information about advertising cookies, see Opting out of interest-based advertising below.
- Security Cookies are used for general security purposes, such as user authentication and preventing fraudulent use or unauthorized access of data.
Why HATCHWAYS uses Data Collection Technology: Data Collection Technology helps us to save your password for future log-ins, detect and prevent fraud, and helps us (and our ad partners) manage our online marketing program and deliver ads that are relevant or may be of interest to you. Data Collection Technology also helps us personalize and improve the performance of our services.
Our policy on “Do Not Track” signals: California’s Online Privacy Protection Act requires website operators to disclose how they respond to web browser’s “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals. Some web browsers incorporate a DNT or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including HATCHWAYS, do not respond to DNT signals.
Opting out of Interest-Based Advertising. Interest-based advertising is a way that helps companies provide you with more relevant advertising on the websites you visit of the applications you use. If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based ads, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that when you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based ads, this does not mean you will no longer see ads from us or on the HATCHWAYS Platform. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your particular interests. If you delete cookies on your device, generally you will need to opt-out again. More information about online behavioral advertising can be found at www.aboutads.info.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Under California law, California residents have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom a company has disclosed their Personal Information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. We currently share Personal Information with third parties, including our affiliates, so that those third parties can market themselves to you. If you are a California resident and you would like to request this information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Privacy Rights” or write us at the address listed below. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
The HATCHWAYS Platform is not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that we have received any Personal Information directly from a child under age 13 without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the HATCHWAYS Platform. Subsequently, we will delete that information.